Chocolate Muffins with Cherry Heart
Ingredients (for 6 people):
- 3.52 oz. cup of Charles & Alice 100% Fruit for All Cherry with Apple
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup dark chocolate
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- Preheat oven 425° F.
- In a bowl, melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave for 2 minutes, then add the eggs and sugar.
- Mix with a whisk, then add the yeast and flour.
- Fill your muffin pan starting with 1 tablespoon of the chocolate mixture, then 1 teaspoon of Charles & Alice 100% Fruit for All Cherry with Apple, and then finish filling with the chocolate mixture.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy warm.
For more rich muffins, you can add a square of white chocolate with fruit in the heart of the muffins.
French Toast with Apricot
- Three 3.52 oz. cups of Charles & Alice 100% Fruit for All Apple Apricot
- ¼ cup of butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 slices of brioche or another bread of your choice
- 1 ¼ cup of skim milk
- 1 egg
- 5/8 cup flaked almonds
- Mix milk and eggs until smooth and creamy.
- Dip the brioche (or other bread) slices in the milk and egg mixture.
- In a skillet or griddle, melt the butter and fry the brioche (or other bread) pieces until they are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a dry pan, heat the almonds and sugar together until carmelized.
- To serve, arrange the warm brioche (or other bread) slices on a plate, then place 3 tablespoons of Charles & Alice 100% Fruit for All Apricot with Apple on top with some sliced almonds.
This recipe works well with other varieties of Charles & Alice 100% Fruit For All too.