Ingredients (for 6 people):
- Two 3.52 oz. cups of the Charles & Alice 100% Fruit For All variety of your choice
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 packet of yeast
- 2 ¼ cup flour + 3/8 cup
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- Oil for frying
- Melt the butter in a pan, then add the milk.
- Remove from heat and add the whole egg, sugar, yeast and flour, then mix thoroughly.
- Knead the dough and let it grow on a clean cloth about 1 hour. The dough should double in volume.
- Sprinkle the flour and spread it out 0.5 cm or 1/5 of an inch thick.
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces.
- Sprinkle them with flour again and shape into balls.
- Make a hole in center of each and give them the form of donuts, let them grow again under a dry cloth for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat and brown the donuts about 2 minutes on each side.
Let them cool on a rack and sprinkle with sugar.
- Before serving, cut them in half and garnish with the variety of your choice of Charles & Alice 100% Fruit for All.